Here are some of the most common questions that consumers ask about the online bill payment service:
- What is the MSEDCL Online Bill Payment Service?
- How do I access this service?
- Who is eligible to use this service?
- How does this service work?
- What payment methods can I use for this service?
- Do I have to pay the entire bill amount?
- Do I get a confirmation of the payment that I have made?
- Are my transactions safe?
- Do I have to pay any service fee?
- Can I make payment after due date from my VISA or MasterCard Credit Card, Debit Card and Net Banking Account?
- When can I see my payments reflecting in my account?
- Can I make payments of any amount from my VISA or MasterCard Credit Card, Debit Card and Net Banking Account?
1.What is the MSEDCL Online Bill Payment Service?
MSEDCL Online Bill Payment Service is a simple and convenient bill payment service provided by MSEDCL to all its customers. Online bill payment service allows you to make payments online through the MSEDCL website instantly through VISA or MasterCard Credit Card, Debit Card and Net Banking Account. You need to specify your MSEDCL consumer number & billing unit to view the bill details and pay directly through your VISA or MasterCard Credit Card, Debit Card and Net Banking Account.
2. How do I access this service?
You can access the Online Bill Payment service through http://www.mahadiscom.in View & Pay Bills Online .
3. Who is eligible to use this service?
This service is available to any MSEDCL customer for payment of their electricity bills. You need to have a valid VISA or MasterCard Credit Card, Debit Card and Net Banking Account to make payment.
4. How does this service work?
After you have chosen to pay through online bill payment, you need to follow the steps below:
Pay in 3 easy steps:
1. Provide your bill details
- Enter the MSEDCL Consumer no. & billing unit. (These can be found on the Electricity Bill issued to you by MSEDCL)
2. See your bill online and pay
- Click on the link View & Pay Current Bill
Now you can see your current bill
- Click on the 1. Pay by VISA & Mastercard 2. Pay by Netbanking & Other Cards.
3. Confirm payment
- After selecting the appropriate option of your choice ,you will be directed to a payment gateway where you will be asked to choose the payment mode- VISA / Mastercard Credit Card / Debit Card / Internet banking / Mobile gateway . If you choose “VISA / MasterCard” you will have to enter Card Number, Expiry date & Security code & click on PAY button. Whereas i f you choose “Netbanking and other cards” it will redirect you to Billdesk Payment Gateway. If you select internet banking you will have to select the bank, it will redirect to that bank’s gateway, where you will fill the details & make the payment. Your payment will be authenticated over the gateway and your bank account or Card will be instantly debited.
- You will receive a Transaction Reference Number for VISA or MasterCard , Net Banking Account, other Credit Card/Debit Card which serves as an acknowledgement for your payment request.
- Note: Your payment will be credited into your MSEDCL account within 1 working day, but it will be reflected on the website only after 3 working days.
5. What payment methods can I use for this service?
You can use any valid VISA, Mastercard or pay through your Net Banking accounts with Allahabad Bank, Axis Bank, Bank of Baroda [Corporate],Bank of Baroda [Retail],Bank of Bahrain and Kuwait, Bank of India, Bank of Maharashtra, Central Bank of India, Corporation Bank, City Union Bank, Deutsche Bank, Development Credit Bank, Dhanlaxmi Bank, Federal Bank, HDFC Bank, ICICI Bank, IDBI Bank, IndusInd Bank, Indian Bank, Indian Overseas Bank, Jammu and Kashmir Bank, Karnataka Bank, Karur Vysya Bank, Kotak Bank, Lakshmi Vilas Bank [Corporate], Lakshmi Vilas Bank [Retail], Oriental Bank of Commerce, Punjab National Bank [Retail], Punjab National Bank [Corporate], State Bank of India, State Bank of Hyderabad, State Bank of Bikaner and Jaipur, State Bank of Mysore, State Bank of Indore, State Bank of Patiala, State Bank of Travancore, South Indian Bank, Shamrao Vithal Co-operative Bank, Tamilnad Mercantile Bank, The Royal Bank of Scotland N.V., Union Bank of India, Vijaya Bank.
6. Do I have to pay the entire bill amount?
7. Do I get a confirmation of the payment that I have made?
For each payment you will receive an online receipt which will have Transaction Reference Number that is an acknowledgement for your payment request.
8. Are my transactions safe?
The security and confidentiality of your personal and financial information is of paramount importance to us. You are provided with best-in-class security standards when it comes to using the MSEDCL Online Bill Payment service so that your transactions done are safe.
The Online Bill Payment service is brought to you by MSEDCL in association with HDFC Bank and BillDesk.
1. HDFC : Every domestic transaction through payment gateway is safe due to due-diligence implemented by Banks. a) Verified by Visa and Master secured - There are 3-degree authentication required while the transaction is completed. b) Payment gateway page is SSL certified and PCIDSS certifed which ensure the card data security.
2. Billdesk: It uses 128-bit SSL technology to protect consumers from unauthorized tampering or viewing of their account and billing information. Using SSL ensures that the information you exchange with BillDesk is never transmitted over the Internet unencrypted and cannot be viewed by unauthorized individuals.
BillDesk is also certified by Verisign Inc, one of the leading certifying authorities for web-site security.
9. Do I have to pay any service fee?
Convenience fee i.e. gateway charges levied by Master/Visa/others will be applicable for credit card and debit card payments exceeding Rs. 500.
10. Can I make payment after due date from my VISA or MasterCard Credit Card, Debit Card and Net Banking Account?
No. You cannot make the payment after due date by Online bill payment service.
11. When can I see my payments reflecting in my account?
You can see your payment reflecting in your account by following the link View Online Payment History . Your payment will be reflected on the website only after 3 working days.
12. Can I make payments of any amount from my VISA or MasterCard Credit Card, Debit Card and Net Banking Account?
Yes. You can make payment of any amount through Net Banking (subject to limit if any enforced by the bank). All Master and VISA credit card and debit card - As per limit assigned on card by issuing bank and approved by issuing bank.